Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Backyard Oasis

I just wanted to introduce you to another one of our hobbies.

We have a Koi pond off our deck out the back door. We started out with a pond in the front yard, but it really wasn't deep enough to keep fish. The ground out here is super rocky and it's hard to dig very deep. I loved the pond, tho.




Then we tried a small preformed pond, but it just wasn't big enough for fish and plants.


So, again, we hand dug this pond off the back deck, and it is still a work in progress.




Just wanted to share because we really enjoy our pond.

These are our Koi.


And this is our pond frozen a few winters ago!

Right now I would take a little of the cold weather. It's been too hot to sit outside and enjoy it.


Hope you enjoyed it as much as we do.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics! I just came over from the blog hop. I just followed your blog.Blessings, Melissa
    mealsdeals.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol! Thanks for stopping by my blog & following. I'm your new follower now! I love your backyard oasis -- ours is always a work in process for our granddaughter & our enjoyment too. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am your newest GFC follower from the hop. I would love for you to come visit my blog and follow back. I have great giveaways going on all the time.
    www.justthetwoofusanddeals.com

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I will return comment love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...